The R.S.P. is a collection of stories of struggle, struggles that are on-going, or have passed, from heartbreak to loss, from death to hope. Through this collection I hope present for you something that we all can relate to, and find comfort from an absolute or relative stranger.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Aloha House - Room Four (July, 2009)

(I Became a Victim, Room 4 - Aloha House, Maui, 2009)
(All Things Are Possible, Room 4 - Aloha House, Maui, 2009)


Girl in Room 4

I was conceived in the prison chapel at the State Penitentiary in Walla Walla, WA.
When I was 10 mos. old I became a victim of homelessness, or our family, as it were. Throughout my life I lived on the streets with my mother and was abused by the people she exposed me to until I was 10 years old. That was when she left me to the Sate to care for me for good.
By the time I was 12, I was a full blown alcoholic and drug addict. I also became a prostitute. I met Christ for the first time when I was 14 years old through a near death experience and have been pursuing Him ever since. I overcame my drug addiction over 6 years ago and now struggle with alcohol, cigarettes and coffee.
The choices that I have made for myself have been less than ideal and I attempted suicide a few times in the past couple of years. I have a mental diagnosis of Major Depressive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Schizoaffective Disorder.
I dropped out of junior high in the first week of 7th grade. There is a lot more to my life story than I am allowed to write to you.
I am no longer an active prostitute.
My goal is to overcome the alcohol addiction and remain completely abstinent. Another goal is to get my G.E.D. and attend Maui Community College, to get a good paying job and help others. First I will have to learn how to trust in Jesus 100%. It is difficult because I have major trust issues. But with God, all things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submissions

By Mail:
1002-200 Elm St.
Toronto, ON
M5T 1K4
Canada

By eMail:
relativestrangerproject@gmail.com

The Relative Stranger